Flesh-eating bacteria victim set to leave S.C. hospital
July 16, 2012 (WLS) -- A South Carolina woman infected by flesh-eating bacteria is set to be released from the hospital.
Lana Kuykendall became infected with the flesh-eating bacteria four days after giving birth to twins last May. She has undergone more than 20 operations, including skin grafts and reconstructive surgery. But she did not require any amputations.
Monday morning, Lana said she is grateful for all her support.
She is set to leave the hospital later this week.
healthbeat, sylvia perez
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 19 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 2 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 41 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 32 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos