Flesh-eating bacteria victim set to leave S.C. hospital
July 16, 2012 (WLS) -- A South Carolina woman infected by flesh-eating bacteria is set to be released from the hospital.
Lana Kuykendall became infected with the flesh-eating bacteria four days after giving birth to twins last May. She has undergone more than 20 operations, including skin grafts and reconstructive surgery. But she did not require any amputations.
Monday morning, Lana said she is grateful for all her support.
She is set to leave the hospital later this week.
healthbeat, sylvia perez
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Panetta Memorial Day Parade's grand marshal
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- County jail lice outbreak prompts isolation
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos