Flesh-eating bacteria victim set to leave S.C. hospital
July 16, 2012 (WLS) -- A South Carolina woman infected by flesh-eating bacteria is set to be released from the hospital.
Lana Kuykendall became infected with the flesh-eating bacteria four days after giving birth to twins last May. She has undergone more than 20 operations, including skin grafts and reconstructive surgery. But she did not require any amputations.
Monday morning, Lana said she is grateful for all her support.
She is set to leave the hospital later this week.
healthbeat, sylvia perez
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 25 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
1 min ago