1 in 13 pregnant women say they drink
July 19, 2012 (WLS) -- The Center for Disease control and Prevention (CDC) say one in 13 pregnant women say they drink, this almost eight percent of expectant mothers.
The CDC says that drinking among pregnant women in the U.S. remains an important public health issue.
The study found 1.4 percent of moms-to-be also reported binge drinking.
The CDC says there is no safe level of alcohol use during pregnancy, and alcohol use during pregnancy is the leading preventable cause of birth defects and developmental disabilities.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates