Flip-flops blamed for wide range of foot pain
July 20, 2012 (WLS) -- Summer is the season for easy-living footwear, but a new study says wearing flip-flops for everyday use can be bad for adults and kids alike.
The newly released National Foot Health Assessment for 2012 blames flip-flops for a variety of foot pain.
According to the report, the popular but light-weight sandals do not adequately absorb shock when walking on hard surfaces.
Flip-flops can also contribute to tripping, falling, and even serious ankle injuries.
But the report credits flip-flops in some cases . It says they are perfect for walking on hot sandy beaches to avoid blisters.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- 7 in :77