Report touts benefits of meat lover's diet
August 31, 2012 (WLS) -- Just in time for those planning to fire up their grills for Labor Day, a new analysis touts the benefits of a meat lover's diet.
The report in the journal Obesity Reviews looked at 17 different studies on the low carb diet. It found that dieters lost an average of almost 18 pounds in six months to a year.
Many also had improvements in waist circumference, blood pressure, triglycerides as well as an increase in good cholesterol and more.
Low carb eating plans slash the consumption of breads, pastas and starchy foods, while beefing up the intake of meat, fish, chicken eggs and some vegetables.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 27 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers 20 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 5 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- DWTS season finale
6 min ago
- Can fortified homes be built to withstand...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos