Qysmia weight-loss pill on sale now by prescription
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is a new option for the millions of Americans affected by obesity. Qsymia is the first prescription weight loss drug to hit the market in more than a decade.
Qsymia is a combination of two medications that have long been used in weight management. One is an appetite suppressant. The other reduces cravings for food.
Prescription diet drugs have had a troubled past, but doctors say Qsymia is promising.
Patients lost an average of 10 percent of their body weight while on the medication.
But it isn't as easy as just popping a pill. The drug has to be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 42 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 32 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 20 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
42 min ago