Married couples who share housework more likely to divorce, Norwegian study claims
September 28, 2012 (WLS) -- Married couples who share housework may have a higher chance of splitting up.
A Norwegian study shows when men share the chores the couple had about a 50 percent higher rate of divorce than couples in homes where the woman does most of the housework.
The authors of the study suggest that clear and defined roles may lead to fewer arguments and less tension in the marriage.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos