Tomatoes may reduce stroke risk
October 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Tomatoes may help reduce the risk of stroke.
Tomatoes are rich in the anti-oxidant lycopene. A newly published study of 1,000 middle-aged men found those with higher levels of lycopene in their blood were less than half as likely to suffer a stroke as those with lower lycopene levels.
The study is published in the journal Neurology.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 42 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos