Diet, exercise boost more than weight loss
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Intensive diet and exercise can produce benefits for the heart that may not show up on a scale, according to a study in the journal "Lipid Research".
For overweight people with diabetes, diet and exercise can help train fat cells to produce a hormone believed to boost production of good cholesterol, also known as HDL. Good cholesterol has been linked to positive effects for cardiovascular health.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend 50 min ago
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Victim ID'd, 2nd car sought after fatal Skokie tree crash
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas 38 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through the...
50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open in...
48 min ago
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next...
18 min ago