Study: Botox helps chronic neck, shoulder pain
October 15, 2012 (WLS) -- Botox injections could provide relief for people with chronic neck and shoulder muscle pain..
Experts say this type of persistent pain is a common disorder that potentially may cause functional impairment in patients. In the study, patients with pain lasting more than two months were given Botox injections and had a much greater reduction in pain. They also had a significant reduction in the number of headaches per week and their headaches were less severe.
The study was presented at the annual meeting of the American Society Of Anesthesiologists.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 4 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
30 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
4 min ago