Study: Botox helps chronic neck, shoulder pain
October 15, 2012 (WLS) -- Botox injections could provide relief for people with chronic neck and shoulder muscle pain..
Experts say this type of persistent pain is a common disorder that potentially may cause functional impairment in patients. In the study, patients with pain lasting more than two months were given Botox injections and had a much greater reduction in pain. They also had a significant reduction in the number of headaches per week and their headaches were less severe.
The study was presented at the annual meeting of the American Society Of Anesthesiologists.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos