Watching scary movies might help weight loss
October 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you're watching your weight this Halloween, try watching a horror movie.
Scientists say it's the release of fast-acting adrenaline, produced during short bursts of intense fear, which is known to lower the appetite, increase the basal metabolic rate and ultimately burn a higher level of calories.
The scarier the movie the more calories burned.
No. 1 on the list, at 184 calories burned, is the The Shining. That was followed by Jaws, The Exorcist and Alien.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout