Study: Acupuncture helps alleviate fatigue in cancer patients
November 2, 2012 (WLS) -- Combining acupuncture with standard treatment can help alleviate some of the crippling fatigue that often affects cancer patients.
A new British study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology shows that acupuncture was especially effective for breast cancer patients.
Over a six-week treatment cycle for 300 subjects, the group given acupuncture treatment fared better on every measure of fatigue the research team assessed.
The study's authors say it gives patients and doctors another treatment option.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 44 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions tickets to be given away free in Chicago 11 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy 22 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
44 min ago