Study: Acupuncture helps alleviate fatigue in cancer patients
November 2, 2012 (WLS) -- Combining acupuncture with standard treatment can help alleviate some of the crippling fatigue that often affects cancer patients.
A new British study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology shows that acupuncture was especially effective for breast cancer patients.
Over a six-week treatment cycle for 300 subjects, the group given acupuncture treatment fared better on every measure of fatigue the research team assessed.
The study's authors say it gives patients and doctors another treatment option.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 55 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home