New report shows higher rates of chronic illness, obesity
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- United Health Foundation released its annual America's Health Rankings report, and found that Illinois is among the worst states when it comes to binge drinking.
The report finds that overall, Americans are living longer- but are also dealing with higher rates of chronic illnesses. Obesity also continues to be a growing concern.
The healthiest state in the study is Vermont. Illinois ranks 30th, while Mississippi and Louisiana tie for last place.
Illinois has remained at a constant for the past 23 years, with no indication of improvements in health trends or outcomes.
When it comes to air quality, Illinois' levels of pollution are considered high.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach 47 min ago
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools 30 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 44 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases 44 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
32 min ago
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund...
30 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos