New report shows higher rates of chronic illness, obesity
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- United Health Foundation released its annual America's Health Rankings report, and found that Illinois is among the worst states when it comes to binge drinking.
The report finds that overall, Americans are living longer- but are also dealing with higher rates of chronic illnesses. Obesity also continues to be a growing concern.
The healthiest state in the study is Vermont. Illinois ranks 30th, while Mississippi and Louisiana tie for last place.
Illinois has remained at a constant for the past 23 years, with no indication of improvements in health trends or outcomes.
When it comes to air quality, Illinois' levels of pollution are considered high.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 8 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 41 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 8 min ago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor