Women more likely to live to 100
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Who is more likely to live to be 100, men or women?
A new study finds more than 80% of people who live to be 100 are white, live in urban areas and are women.
The study was conducted by the US Census Bureau and found that for every 100 centenarian women, there were about 20 men who were likely to live to be 100.
The report does not say why.
The state with the most centenarians, according to the study, is California, followed by New York.
Illinois was ranked sixth, and Delaware had the fewest centenarians.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party