Women more likely to live to 100
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Who is more likely to live to be 100, men or women?
A new study finds more than 80% of people who live to be 100 are white, live in urban areas and are women.
The study was conducted by the US Census Bureau and found that for every 100 centenarian women, there were about 20 men who were likely to live to be 100.
The report does not say why.
The state with the most centenarians, according to the study, is California, followed by New York.
Illinois was ranked sixth, and Delaware had the fewest centenarians.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap