Women more likely to live to 100
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Who is more likely to live to be 100, men or women?
A new study finds more than 80% of people who live to be 100 are white, live in urban areas and are women.
The study was conducted by the US Census Bureau and found that for every 100 centenarian women, there were about 20 men who were likely to live to be 100.
The report does not say why.
The state with the most centenarians, according to the study, is California, followed by New York.
Illinois was ranked sixth, and Delaware had the fewest centenarians.
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos