How much milk should a toddler drink?
December 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
Milk provides vitamin D and iron.
Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium, which helps develop strong bones. But, researchers say, more than 2 cups a day can actually reduce iron in a child's body.
The new study appears in the journal Pediatrics.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos