How much milk should a toddler drink?
December 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
Milk provides vitamin D and iron.
Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium, which helps develop strong bones. But, researchers say, more than 2 cups a day can actually reduce iron in a child's body.
The new study appears in the journal Pediatrics.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 49 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 5 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 25 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 25 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 23 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
49 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos