How much milk should a toddler drink?
December 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
A new study finds 2 cups of milk a day is enough for a toddler without lowering their iron levels.
Milk provides vitamin D and iron.
Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium, which helps develop strong bones. But, researchers say, more than 2 cups a day can actually reduce iron in a child's body.
The new study appears in the journal Pediatrics.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 43 min ago
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
17 min ago
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos