Healthy Kids Snacks: Veggies and Cheese
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It can be difficult getting children to be healthier snacks, but a new study suggests serving children combined snacks of vegetables and cheese could be key.
Scientists at Cornell University gave 201 elementary school students potato chips, veggies, cheese or just vegetables and cheese they wanted while watching an hour of TV.
Those given the cheese-veggie combo ate 72 percent fewer calories than those given the other snacks, and they felt more full than those who ate just potato chips.
More on this study will be published in the journal Pediatrics.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 48 min ago