Dentist uses therapy dog for young patients
December 24, 2012 (WLS) -- An upstate New York dental assistant is the reason some children don't mind having their teeth cleaned.
"Brooke" is a 4-year old golden retriever who hangs out at a Pediatric Dental Practice in Buffalo. She is a therapy dog, trained to sit on a young patient's lap or at their side during procedures.
Kids are less afraid and happily distracted when they can pet Brooke and see her gentle, reassuring face, instead of looking at the dentist.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom 57 min ago
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash 36 min ago
- Astronaut Lovell to dedicate Chicago memorial garden
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin