Dentist uses therapy dog for young patients
December 24, 2012 (WLS) -- An upstate New York dental assistant is the reason some children don't mind having their teeth cleaned.
"Brooke" is a 4-year old golden retriever who hangs out at a Pediatric Dental Practice in Buffalo. She is a therapy dog, trained to sit on a young patient's lap or at their side during procedures.
Kids are less afraid and happily distracted when they can pet Brooke and see her gentle, reassuring face, instead of looking at the dentist.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 44 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos