Could mistletoe help fight against cancer?
December 24, 2012 (WLS) -- Mistletoe is more than just a holiday tradition. It could also help fight cancer.
Australian researchers say that mistletoe extract can be used to kill colon cancer cells and that it's even more effective than chemotherapy.
Mistletoe extract avoids most negative side effects as well.
More research is still needed, but the national Cancer Institute is studying the effects of mistletoe extract in some patients with lung cancer.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand