Asparagus could prevent hangover, research suggests
December 27, 2012 (WLS) -- Drinking milk, eating bread, water before bed; the list of hangover prevention methods is extensive.
However, new research suggests that munching on a few asparagus spears before a big night out may be all that is required.
Researchers discovered asparagus contains certain amino acids and minerals, which can guard the liver cells against toxins, and ultimately relieve the unpleasant side effects often associated with drinking alcohol.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 24 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up 11 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 6 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
24 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago...
12 min ago