Asparagus could prevent hangover, research suggests
December 27, 2012 (WLS) -- Drinking milk, eating bread, water before bed; the list of hangover prevention methods is extensive.
However, new research suggests that munching on a few asparagus spears before a big night out may be all that is required.
Researchers discovered asparagus contains certain amino acids and minerals, which can guard the liver cells against toxins, and ultimately relieve the unpleasant side effects often associated with drinking alcohol.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 20 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers 13 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act' 59 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 1 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Can fortified homes be built to withstand...
3 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos