Asparagus could prevent hangover, research suggests
December 27, 2012 (WLS) -- Drinking milk, eating bread, water before bed; the list of hangover prevention methods is extensive.
However, new research suggests that munching on a few asparagus spears before a big night out may be all that is required.
Researchers discovered asparagus contains certain amino acids and minerals, which can guard the liver cells against toxins, and ultimately relieve the unpleasant side effects often associated with drinking alcohol.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 1 min ago
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 35 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake