Possible link between mental disorders, domestic violence
January 2, 2013 (WLS) -- A new analysis finds people diagnosed with mental illness are more likely than others to be victims of domestic violence.
There have been previous studies that have linked depression to domestic violence. But this latest review looks at a possible link between mental illness overall and domestic abuse in men and women.
Scientists reporting in PLOS ONE journal say the evidence also suggests domestic violence often leads to victims developing mental health problems.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 59 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 14 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 41 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
14 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
59 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos