Coffee, alcohol can lead to dry skin
January 7, 2013 (WLS) -- Everyone is trying to avoid getting the flu this winter so a lot of us are spending extra time washing our hands, which can cause dry skin.
Coffee and alcohol can also lead to dehydration and dry skin.
Experts say as the temperature is low and the heater is on the indoor air gets dehydrated and your skin loses moisture.
Here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated:
- Use a humidifier. It can reverse the process of dehydration.
- Use over the counter saline sprays. This can not only keep you hydrated but also prevent infections such as flu.
- Avoid harsh cleansers that irritate skin.
- Choose a moisturizer that's thicker so it will last longer and drink a lot of water.
Experts say drink one glass of water for every alcoholic or caffeinated beverage consumed.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion 43 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize 28 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 14 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
43 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
28 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
25 min ago