Coffee, alcohol can lead to dry skin
January 7, 2013 (WLS) -- Everyone is trying to avoid getting the flu this winter so a lot of us are spending extra time washing our hands, which can cause dry skin.
Coffee and alcohol can also lead to dehydration and dry skin.
Experts say as the temperature is low and the heater is on the indoor air gets dehydrated and your skin loses moisture.
Here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated:
- Use a humidifier. It can reverse the process of dehydration.
- Use over the counter saline sprays. This can not only keep you hydrated but also prevent infections such as flu.
- Avoid harsh cleansers that irritate skin.
- Choose a moisturizer that's thicker so it will last longer and drink a lot of water.
Experts say drink one glass of water for every alcoholic or caffeinated beverage consumed.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 24 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 16 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 43 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
24 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
52 min ago