CDC: Flu vaccine does not cause flu
January 15, 2013 (WLS) -- Almost 70 million Americans believe that getting a flu vaccine will actually give you the flu, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
But experts are trying to bust that myth.
They explain that getting the flu vaccine does not give you the flu.
The shot is made of parts of three dead flu viruses, not whole viruses.
If you feel aches and fever afterwards it is your body reacting and building up antibodies to fight the virus.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD