Botox approved to help overactive bladder
January 19, 2013 (WLS) -- The wrinkle fighting drug, Botox, has now been approved to help treat adults who have an overactive bladder.
The Federal Drug Administration says about 33 million Americans have overactive bladders.
The condition is typically treated with nervous system-acting drugs, however, they don't always work for patients.
Clinical studies show Botox injections help relax the bladder muscle and allow more space for storage.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 42 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont 52 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan