Botox approved to help overactive bladder
January 19, 2013 (WLS) -- The wrinkle fighting drug, Botox, has now been approved to help treat adults who have an overactive bladder.
The Federal Drug Administration says about 33 million Americans have overactive bladders.
The condition is typically treated with nervous system-acting drugs, however, they don't always work for patients.
Clinical studies show Botox injections help relax the bladder muscle and allow more space for storage.
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video