Botox approved to help overactive bladder
January 19, 2013 (WLS) -- The wrinkle fighting drug, Botox, has now been approved to help treat adults who have an overactive bladder.
The Federal Drug Administration says about 33 million Americans have overactive bladders.
The condition is typically treated with nervous system-acting drugs, however, they don't always work for patients.
Clinical studies show Botox injections help relax the bladder muscle and allow more space for storage.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 42 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 22 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 9 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 17 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 21 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
42 min ago