Working out on empty stomach may lead to better results
January 25, 2013 (WLS) -- Early risers who exercise on an empty stomach may get better results.
A new study in the "British Journal of Nutrition" suggests exercising before a meal can burn up to 20-percent more body fat.
Researchers followed those who worked out before breakfast and had not eaten since the night before.
They found that those who worked out on an empty stomach did not eat more later.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 24 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 18 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 25 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos