Trying to lose weight? Meal times could be key
January 30, 2013 (WLS) -- When it comes to dieting, timing could be everything.
When you eat might be just as important as what you eat, according to a new study conducted by Spanish scientists.
They found dieters who ate early lunches tended to lose more, 22 pounds compared to 17 pounds for those who eat their midday meal later.
The findings don't prove that bumping up your lunch hour will help you shed those extra pounds but it is possible eating times play a role in how the body regulates its weight, they said.
The best guess is that eating later in the day messes with the body's internal clock system and this might somehow have an adverse effect on metabolism.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos