Premature quadruplets leave hospital, move home
February 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One Chicago family's home will never be the same after four new baby girls were born.
The Henderson-Tubbs quadruplets born in November at the University of Illinois Hospital are now home on Chicago's West Side.
It's been a gradual reunion since the sisters arrived a bit early at 31 weeks.
Micha and Maryissa came home first in December and then M'Kiyla's and finally M'Kayla.
Their mom Nashondra Henderson said it's been interesting to have new quadruplets.
"It's been a lot of work but a lot of fun at the same time," she said.
"I get to dance with them we get to play," their father Lawren Tubbs said. "It's fun. It's fun to me anyway."
Henderson thought her family was complete with her three boys and believed an issue with her uterus meant no more babies.
The girls were born weighing from 2.5 to 3 pounds each.
Now at 2.5 months, they are tipping the scales at about 6.5 to 8 pounds.
Family members are helping out around the clock and the non-profit moms of multiples rounded up cribs, bouncy seats and many other supplies.
Henderson says they're taking it day by day and focusing on the positives.
There's no time to be overwhelmed but there are moments.
"I did have a tearful moment after they were born I got home and they were still at the hospital," she said. "It was like 'Oh my God. I just had 4 babies.'"
On a typical day, the family goes through 24 bottles and 32 diaper changes.
healthbeat, sylvia perez
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 37 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
35 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
37 min ago