Baby boomers fatter than, not as healthy as parents
February 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The retirement years for baby boomers may not be a healthy as their parents.
Baby boomers make up roughly one quarter of the U.S. population. Their retirement years were supposed to be better than their parents, but a new study finds they're fatter than and not as healthy as previous generations.
According to a study in the journal of the American Medical Association, 13.2% of baby boomers reported excellent health compared with 32-percent of individuals in the previous generation. Obesity was more common among baby boomers, according to the research, and boomers aren't doing much to change their health: more than half of baby boomers reported no physical activity.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer