CDC: Worst of flu season over
February 8, 2013 (WLS) -- It appears we can finally breathe a sigh of relief.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the worst does appear to be over when it comes to the flu.
The number of states reporting intense or widespread flu dropped again last week and the numbers of deaths have been dropping for two weeks.
So far this season has been labeled moderately severe.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 7 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
1 min ago