CDC: Worst of flu season over
February 8, 2013 (WLS) -- It appears we can finally breathe a sigh of relief.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the worst does appear to be over when it comes to the flu.
The number of states reporting intense or widespread flu dropped again last week and the numbers of deaths have been dropping for two weeks.
So far this season has been labeled moderately severe.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines reports plane missing 30 min ago
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North 26 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant