What is Lady Gaga condition synovitis?
February 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Lady Gaga canceled the rest of her "Born This Way Ball" tour dates Thursday because she can't walk.
She blames it on a hip injury that's left her in chronic pain, a condition called synovitis.
What is synovitis?
It's caused when the synovium, a liner and lubrication of the knee joint, becomes inflicted with inflammation or swelling.
This can be caused by injury or other issues.
"The patient sets up an inflammatory response to those damaged components and gets synovitis which is painful," a rheumatologist at Loyola University Medical Center Dr. John Robinson said.
"It can be multiple joints and that can be due to systemic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. Gout can also cause synovitis," Robinson said.
healthbeat, sylvia perez
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home