Walking may be best way to fight cholesterol, diabetes
February 13, 2013 (WLS) -- It appears you don't need intense workouts to fight cholesterol and diabetes.
A new study finds that mild exercise over extended periods of time is the most effective way to prevent the diseases.
Dutch researchers found that people who walked frequently were able to lower cholesterol levels and insulin sensitivity more dramatically than those who did intensive bicycling.
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn 13 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 1 min ago
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old