Walking may be best way to fight cholesterol, diabetes
February 13, 2013 (WLS) -- It appears you don't need intense workouts to fight cholesterol and diabetes.
A new study finds that mild exercise over extended periods of time is the most effective way to prevent the diseases.
Dutch researchers found that people who walked frequently were able to lower cholesterol levels and insulin sensitivity more dramatically than those who did intensive bicycling.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting 50 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2,...
8 min ago