Acupuncture may reduce seasonal allergy symptoms
February 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Seasonal allergy sufferers may want to look beyond medicine for relief. A new study shows acupuncture could help reduce symptoms.
Researchers examined more than 400 patients.
One group received 12 treatments of acupuncture along with allergy medicine. A second group received fake acupuncture treatments and medicine. The third group just took antihistamines as needed.
After two months, the patients with the real acupuncture treatment showed the greatest improvement.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple injured in Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos