Acupuncture may reduce seasonal allergy symptoms
February 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Seasonal allergy sufferers may want to look beyond medicine for relief. A new study shows acupuncture could help reduce symptoms.
Researchers examined more than 400 patients.
One group received 12 treatments of acupuncture along with allergy medicine. A second group received fake acupuncture treatments and medicine. The third group just took antihistamines as needed.
After two months, the patients with the real acupuncture treatment showed the greatest improvement.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 21 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges 22 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 24 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 5 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 25 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
21 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
22 min ago