Acupuncture may reduce seasonal allergy symptoms
February 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Seasonal allergy sufferers may want to look beyond medicine for relief. A new study shows acupuncture could help reduce symptoms.
Researchers examined more than 400 patients.
One group received 12 treatments of acupuncture along with allergy medicine. A second group received fake acupuncture treatments and medicine. The third group just took antihistamines as needed.
After two months, the patients with the real acupuncture treatment showed the greatest improvement.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant