Robotic hysterectomy surgery raising doubts
February 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Robotic surgery for hysterectomy has become very popular over the last several years, but there is doubt being raised that this cutting-edge technology is any better for patients than less high tech methods.
Researchers compared laparoscopy, which involves using small opening and special tools to remove the uterus, and robotic hysterectomy, where a surgical robot is attached to the tools.
Both are similar operations.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 39 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 33 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 18 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 40 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
55 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos