An iPhone cover to protect your phone and your heart
March 8, 2013 (WLS) -- Most iPhone covers are designed to protect your phone but this unique cover might help protect your heart because it can also work as a monitor.
The FDA approved device can be held in your hands to produce EKG or ECG readings.
Those are the tests that when done in the hospital that require you to have wires taped to your chest.
With this device and special software, a cardiologist can do preliminary tests quickly with little inconvenience to the patient.
The phone's readings are not comprehensive and if they show a problem, a full set of tests can be scheduled, according to doctors.
The device made by AliveCor is approved for licensed medical professionals.
Doctors can prescribe the case and application for their patients as well.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake