Doctors: No solid food for babies before 4 months old
March 25, 2013 (WLS) -- When is the best time to introduce babies to solid food?
A new study in the journal Pediatrics found many parents are staring solids too early.
Researchers surveyed 13,000 mothers and found 40 percent fed their babies solid food before they were four months old.
Most health experts recommend waiting until babies are 4 to 6 months old.
Doctors say early solids can cut down on the benefit babies get from breast milk. They can also increase the risk for some chronic diseases.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 36 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 4 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 50 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 15 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake