Doctors: No solid food for babies before 4 months old
March 25, 2013 (WLS) -- When is the best time to introduce babies to solid food?
A new study in the journal Pediatrics found many parents are staring solids too early.
Researchers surveyed 13,000 mothers and found 40 percent fed their babies solid food before they were four months old.
Most health experts recommend waiting until babies are 4 to 6 months old.
Doctors say early solids can cut down on the benefit babies get from breast milk. They can also increase the risk for some chronic diseases.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 6 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD