Osteopathic manipulation new treatment for back pain
March 26, 2013 (WLS) -- Osteopathic manipulation involves moving out-of-line joints back into place, relaxing overused muscles, and massaging soft tissue.
Doctors at the University of North Texas studied nearly 500 people with chronic low back pain. A few weeks after getting osteopathic manipulation, 63-percent of patients reported improvement in their pain.
Doctors say osteopathic manipulation should be used as an add-on treatment when pain killers alone don't work.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 7 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
4 min ago