Osteopathic manipulation new treatment for back pain
March 26, 2013 (WLS) -- Osteopathic manipulation involves moving out-of-line joints back into place, relaxing overused muscles, and massaging soft tissue.
Doctors at the University of North Texas studied nearly 500 people with chronic low back pain. A few weeks after getting osteopathic manipulation, 63-percent of patients reported improvement in their pain.
Doctors say osteopathic manipulation should be used as an add-on treatment when pain killers alone don't work.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 4 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 34 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
2 min ago
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
4 min ago