Breast milk best for babies until 6 months, study suggests
March 26, 2013 (WLS) -- Many nursing mothers are stopping breast-feeding too soon. And half of them are doing so with their doctor's support.
A new government study recommends that babies be fed nothing but breast milk until they are 6 months old.
But many mothers in the U.S. are putting infants on solid foods before then. Those foods include peanut butter, meat and french fries.
The study was conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 49 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake