Breast milk best for babies until 6 months, study suggests
March 26, 2013 (WLS) -- Many nursing mothers are stopping breast-feeding too soon. And half of them are doing so with their doctor's support.
A new government study recommends that babies be fed nothing but breast milk until they are 6 months old.
But many mothers in the U.S. are putting infants on solid foods before then. Those foods include peanut butter, meat and french fries.
The study was conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 38 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All