Steps to reduce your risk of dying from a disease
The American Institute for Cancer Research compiled a list of seven steps that could cut the risk of dying from all diseases by a third. The list was developed after tracking nearly 400-thousand people over the age of 13.
1. Stay as lean as possible without being underweight.
2. Be active for at least 30 minutes each day.
3. Limit your consumption of calorie-dense foods and sugary drinks.
4. Eat plenty of plant-based foods such as whole grains and beans and at least five fruits and vegetables daily.
5. Limit eating red meat.
6. Limit alcohol to just one drink a day for women and two for men.
7. Women should breast feed their children exclusively for the first six months.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 31 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 24 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
31 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
44 min ago