Should you get a C-section for a non-medical reason?
March 28, 2013 (WLS) -- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists warns against Cesarean sections performed for non-medical reasons, such as convenience or fear of pain.
Risks of C-sections include longer recovery time and increased infection rates. Planned cesareans are not recommended for women who want more than one child due to risks of uterine rupture.
The U.S. has a high rate of births by C-section with more one million each year.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 20 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 12 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 39 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
20 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
48 min ago