Study: baby formula with prebiotics may prevent eczema
March 29, 2013 (WLS) -- A study suggests that formula with prebiotics may help protect babies again eczema, a skin condition.
Cochrane Collaboration, an international organizations which evaluates medical research, published the study.
According to the study, babies who are unable to breastfeed can drink formula with prebiotics as a way to prevent eczema.
However, skeptics say the evidence is weak and there is no proof the benefits from prebiotics last beyond infancy.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer