Lifestyle, prevention play role in healthy skin
April 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The secret to keeping our youthful appearance isn't that mysterious after all. The right lifestyle choices and a few good skin care products can make all the difference.
"The single biggest factor of why skin ages prematurely is sunlight," Dr. Sharon Bergquist, Emory School of Medicine, said.
Wearing sunscreen is important. Other healthy lifestyle tips include:
"So our skin naturally has anti-oxidants. But they can get exhausted by all the pollutants and sunlight as well as tobacco smoke," Dr. Bregquist said.
Dr. Bregquist also recommends exfoliating twice a week with hydroxyl acid and glycolic acid.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 13 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 11 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC7 to Go, April 17, 2014
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos