Lifestyle, prevention play role in healthy skin
April 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The secret to keeping our youthful appearance isn't that mysterious after all. The right lifestyle choices and a few good skin care products can make all the difference.
"The single biggest factor of why skin ages prematurely is sunlight," Dr. Sharon Bergquist, Emory School of Medicine, said.
Wearing sunscreen is important. Other healthy lifestyle tips include:
"So our skin naturally has anti-oxidants. But they can get exhausted by all the pollutants and sunlight as well as tobacco smoke," Dr. Bregquist said.
Dr. Bregquist also recommends exfoliating twice a week with hydroxyl acid and glycolic acid.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area