Gray hair cure? Scientists discover reason behind gray hair
May 6, 2013 (WLS) -- Could gray hair be a thing of the past?
Scientists say they've discovered what makes hair gray. It's a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle causing hair to bleach itself inside out.
But they say they can reverse this with an antioxidant cocktail that allows "repigmentation" of the hair.
The discovery was made while investigating the skin disease vitiligo, a depigmentation of skin.
There is still no word when this treatment will be available.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...