Gray hair cure? Scientists discover reason behind gray hair
May 6, 2013 (WLS) -- Could gray hair be a thing of the past?
Scientists say they've discovered what makes hair gray. It's a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle causing hair to bleach itself inside out.
But they say they can reverse this with an antioxidant cocktail that allows "repigmentation" of the hair.
The discovery was made while investigating the skin disease vitiligo, a depigmentation of skin.
There is still no word when this treatment will be available.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 40 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject 22 min ago
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery 50 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police 41 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
40 min ago