Gray hair cure? Scientists discover reason behind gray hair
May 6, 2013 (WLS) -- Could gray hair be a thing of the past?
Scientists say they've discovered what makes hair gray. It's a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle causing hair to bleach itself inside out.
But they say they can reverse this with an antioxidant cocktail that allows "repigmentation" of the hair.
The discovery was made while investigating the skin disease vitiligo, a depigmentation of skin.
There is still no word when this treatment will be available.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 54 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 15 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
9 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
54 min ago