Gray hair cure? Scientists discover reason behind gray hair
May 6, 2013 (WLS) -- Could gray hair be a thing of the past?
Scientists say they've discovered what makes hair gray. It's a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle causing hair to bleach itself inside out.
But they say they can reverse this with an antioxidant cocktail that allows "repigmentation" of the hair.
The discovery was made while investigating the skin disease vitiligo, a depigmentation of skin.
There is still no word when this treatment will be available.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 47 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 46 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All