Study: Taking calcium worth the effort for women
May 31, 2013 (WLS) -- Even though calcium is one of the most common dietary supplements, its usefulness is often debated.
There's now more evidence that it may be worth the effort for women.
A new study shows getting more calcium from dietary sources or supplements reduced women's risk of death over a 10-year period.
The benefit was seen only for women who took doses of up to 1000 milligrams a day.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 19 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD