Study: Taking calcium worth the effort for women
May 31, 2013 (WLS) -- Even though calcium is one of the most common dietary supplements, its usefulness is often debated.
There's now more evidence that it may be worth the effort for women.
A new study shows getting more calcium from dietary sources or supplements reduced women's risk of death over a 10-year period.
The benefit was seen only for women who took doses of up to 1000 milligrams a day.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas