Caffeine withdrawal can bring headaches, fatigue
June 2, 2013 (WLS) -- For those who run on coffee, missing a cup when you really need a jolt can be a real headache.
Researchers are now warning that crashing on caffeine is a mental disorder.
And there's a medical term for it.
They call "caffeine withdrawal" a real condition that brings fatigue, headache and difficulty focusing.
Doctors say caffeine, which is a drug, is safe for adults who consume up to about 400 milligrams a day.
That's about four cups of coffee.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 11 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 9 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
5 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
9 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from...
11 min ago