Ill. comptroller marking American Cancer Society birthday
June 24, 2013 (WLS) -- The American Cancer Society is marking its 100th birthday and Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka is helping celebrate.
Volunteers and Topinka are urging local residents to sign up for its Cancer Prevention Study 3, which will give scientists a better understanding of cancer causes, prevention and treatment.
At least 300,000 men and women between 30 and 65 years old with no personal history of cancer are encouraged to sign up.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond 58 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting 40 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping