ADA: Heavy in Kindergarten, Obese by Grade 8
July 4, 2013 (WLS) -- Kids who are overweight in kindergarten are more than five times as likely to be obese by the time they enter 8th grade.
The authors of a new study conclude parents must deal with diet and weight at a very young age, even pre-kindergarten.
In the report to the American Diabetes Association, researchers found boys are more likely to be obese than girls.
One expert blames the school system for the epidemic of obesity among the young on the fact physical education is being eliminated in many schools.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits