Report: Mexico has more obese adults than US
July 10, 2013 (WLS) -- The United States no longer has the dubious distinction of being the world's fattest developed nation, according to a report.
The title now belongs to Mexico.
A report from the United Nations shows nearly one third of Mexican adults are considered obese.
That barely edges out the United States, where the number is 31.8 percent.
Mexico's urban lifestyle and rising income levels, plus malnourishment among the country's poor, helped it claim the unhealthy title, according to the report.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout