Report: Mexico has more obese adults than US
July 10, 2013 (WLS) -- The United States no longer has the dubious distinction of being the world's fattest developed nation, according to a report.
The title now belongs to Mexico.
A report from the United Nations shows nearly one third of Mexican adults are considered obese.
That barely edges out the United States, where the number is 31.8 percent.
Mexico's urban lifestyle and rising income levels, plus malnourishment among the country's poor, helped it claim the unhealthy title, according to the report.
- Chemical plant explosion, fire injures 2 in Alsip 1 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Mother charged in baby's death held on $250K bond 33 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013 54 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy