Report: Mexico has more obese adults than US
July 10, 2013 (WLS) -- The United States no longer has the dubious distinction of being the world's fattest developed nation, according to a report.
The title now belongs to Mexico.
A report from the United Nations shows nearly one third of Mexican adults are considered obese.
That barely edges out the United States, where the number is 31.8 percent.
Mexico's urban lifestyle and rising income levels, plus malnourishment among the country's poor, helped it claim the unhealthy title, according to the report.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 35 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 36 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 51 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
35 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos