Illinois abortion ruling paves way for parental notification law
July 11, 2013 (WLS) -- People with excessive belly fat may have a greater risk of heart disease and cancer than people who carry fat in other parts of their body, according to a study.
Researchers followed more than 3,000 Americans for up to seven years.
They say the findings may explain why people with a similar body mass index can have a variety of different health problems related to obesity.
The study is published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 31 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 25 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor