Flu shot could reduce heart attack risk
August 22, 2013 (WLS) -- Flu season starts in a month or two and there is a new reason to consider getting a vaccination.
It could reduce your risk of a heart attack by nearly half.
Australian researchers studied 500 people age 40 and older.
A comparison of those who had suffered a heart attack and those who had not revealed people who received a flu shot were 45 percent less likely to have had an attack.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 25 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 11 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 30 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
11 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos